KMFMS Forum Index KMFMS
Discuss why and how to avoid Microsoft

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<<< Back to KMFMS home  

Sir Gates ripped me off (again)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KMFMS Forum Index -> What's So Bad About Microsoft?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bavarian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Sir Gates ripped me off (again) Reply with quote

I paid for both Frontpqge 2000 and Office 2003 some time ago and have the original Cds registered to me. Office back then had seven components but did not include Frontpage. Thats why I paid for Frontpage 2000.
Now when I try to upgrade Frontpage to 2003 version on Microsoft web site I am told that I need to upgrade Office which now includes Frontpage.
I downloaded the huge upgrade file for Office 2003 and when I installed it the installation progress window stopped after a few sequences than tells me that this upgrade was already installed !!! Checking the Office system on program window it does NOT include Frontpage. Checking on just buying Office through retailers I found that it costs around $395. So Gates ripped me off again. Is there a consumer protection law that would force him to cough up an upgrade which I feel I am entitle to?
Brad R

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about consumer protection law, but I have some friends who love Kompozer as a web page editor for Windows:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kompozer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KMFMS Forum Index -> What's So Bad About Microsoft? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, KMFMS.