KMFMS Forum Index KMFMS
Discuss why and how to avoid Microsoft

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<<< Back to KMFMS home  

some ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xemeryx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: some ideas Reply with quote

i completely agree with the last statement. however, this site is pretty up to date with the fact that windows is terrible,, and probably always will. if you were to speak of the updates that apple has released and improved reliability as well as function, than you would say that since windows released xp, there has been 4 more COMPLETE updates released by apple. oh and where is microsoft's long-waited operating system "longhorn" at? no one knows. i think they were saying that they were going to release it soon, but where's the info on it? also, they have taken so many "new features" out that it will be pretty much like the xp release. since xp has come out it has given me more reason to switch to mac, or even to linux. linux is great, because its free, but as far as reliability, and ease of use goes, mac takes over. i used to be a huge fan of all things pc and microsoft, but after realizing the error of my ways, and how it takes several days to get something working on a pc, it takes just seconds to work out on my mac. i.e. bought a new hub, connected it to both my pc and my mac. the mac recognizes it right away, and allows me to connect to the internet (without even configuring a single thing), pc;;; ahh not so lucky, sees there's a connection, but just does not like surfing the web, or anything else for that matter, and the pc is new!

one more topic, as far as great e-mail services. i would say that gmail is the best,, just too many features and 1gb of space is a lot.

several other ideas
windows media player;;;;; itunes is better (pc and mac)
windows media player (movies);;;; quicktime (pc and mac)
windows movie maker ;;;;;; final cut pro, avid xpress, and imovie (finalcut and avid work best)
ms frontpage (most useless app ever);;;;; macromedia dreamweaver works best (pc and mac)
ms powerpoint ;;;; songscreen liquid (pc and mac)
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your recommendations for additional alternatives.

- admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an equivalent of Frontpage that is free, I say Amaya.
Is there an eqivalent of Powerpoint that is free?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there an eqivalent of Powerpoint that is free?

Yes: OpenOffice.org Impress.

- admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KMFMS Forum Index -> Microsoft Alternatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, KMFMS.